Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sales...need I say more?

Ya know, I am semi annoyed about this post because I had been thinking all morning about how I wanted to write about happiness and gratefulness and smiles...my usual positive spin. But now, I must tell you about another ridiculous day-in-the-life-of, and it's only 11:08 AM. To put a little happiness into perspective here, this week I decided I was going to wake up everyday and thank God for allowing me to see another day. I usually thank him at night or during the day when something great happens but this week I decided to say it before anything even happened in my day. Additionally, I decided I was going to start to thank God when challenges crossed my path- thanking Him for allowing me to grow and learn from these experience. So as I hopped in a cab to a sales call this morning, I was in a particularly good mood. Smiling at the cab driver, that random dude on the corner...basically anyone. And it worked, because my cab driver was super chatty and nice. Anyways, I reach my destination but can't seem to find my meet-e. After a solid 25 minutes of him saying he was in Starbucks, and then back at his office, and then somewhere in between- I came to a realization. He was in CHICAGO...yes folks, I set up an in person meeting with someone that lives in CHICAGO. Have I mentioned that I live in NYC?! The woman at Starbucks felt so bad that I ordered coffee for a non-existent East Coaster that she gave me a free Starbucks card. So- moral of the story, thank you God for allowing me to wake up and experience the challenges of the day- because quite frankly today's was silly and hilarious haha. And thank you to my meet-e for having a kind heart and a good sense of humor ;)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment