Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Loyalty, friendship, and a whole lotta laughs

This weekend I took a trip down to Annapolis to see my man in uniform and had another wonderful time. Last trip down to Maryland, I posted about the general feeling of patriotism and pride I had experienced. Now on my second trip down, I started to get a more personal experience with the city and its dwellers; specifically the other Naval Academy students. Especially in my man's close group of friends. As I have said before, I am used to hanging out with guys, in fact I prefer it. But this weekend I saw something different in this group of dudes. Sure, the same funny antics were present, with the majority of conversations being about the opposite sex, partying...and the opposite sex. But there was also a certain level of respect present, not only for me but for themselves. When you are dating someone, you want to feel accepted into their group not as just someone's girlfriend, but as an actual person...and I was lucky enough to experience just that. It was refreshing to encounter members of a tight knit group inquire about me and ask questions that were not just on the surface. I also noticed that no matter what, it seemed as though these guys had each others back. And to that point, also held one another accountable for their actions. I of course have the best one  :) but it made me realize how important friendship is in a man's life, or anyone's life for that matter. After a great weekend with this group, I was not only grateful for my experience but was given a fresh perception on the relationships I have with my girlfriends in NYC. It made me realize how important these ladies are to me, and that even though we may deal with situations differently than our male counter parts (i.e. emotional logic vs. problem solving logic) we too are always there in the end for one another. So thank you to my Navy man and his friends, for taking me in as one of your own this weekend! And to my girls here, I am so lucky to have you :)
- xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment