Thursday, January 26, 2012

"Mentors N Stuff" - Deadmau5

In the past 24 hours, I have been lucky enough to experience something that I wanted to share with all of you in hopes that you too will make it a goal to find a mentor. Mine being both of my former bosses, are not 2 people that I don't chat with all the time- mainly because of work/life schedules, but I have a high level of respect for both of them and know they will always be there if I need them. If ever you find yourself caught in a professional sh** storm in your mind, these are the peeps you should be able to reach out to that will help you clear the squall, or at least temporarily offer you an umbrella. Mine have very different POVs on life and offer the perfect mix of perspectives. After speaking with both- they enabled me to take a step back and really focus on developing a step-by-step approach to not only finding professional success but happiness. When taking an outsiders perspective into account, one will realize how differently a situation appears when you are not stuck in the thick of it all. In the end, I was lucky enough to be given a fresh new attitude and a plan of attack for my short/long term goals (which seemed to be tangled like that old necklace in your jewelry box that you haven't worn in 4 years). With that, I experienced what felt like my 1st ever business lunch this afternoon, where I had an intelligent and engaging conversation with clients; as appose to just entertaining them. As for what the future holds, I think that with my mentors advice I will be lucky to have many new and exciting experiences and opportunities. So thank you! And if you don't have a mentor, find yourself 1...or 2; their advice could help guide your professional career as you come to know it :)
xoxo AA

1 comment:

  1. love this post. it's all so true. sometimes it's hard to see the light when you're stuck drowning in something. love you!

    ReplyDelete