Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Blessed and Grateful

BACK TO THE GRIND!! Everyone as excited as I am to be back at work? No really though- there is something nice about getting back into the grove and habit of things. Plus I think the majority of us would not appreciate our vacations as much if life was one big vacation- I for one would be bored as hell after 2 weeks. Anyways- I just wanted to write a quick post as I enjoy the truly delectable Trader Joe's dairy/gluten-free enchiladas (you've gotta try them once- they actually are good), and say how grateful I am. I know I have written posts in the past discussing my ideas on the definition of 'family,' etc. but this weekend I was able to experience- on 2 accounts, spending time with friend's families. On both occasions, I was welcomed in with warm open arms and made to feel apart of the family. For a gal with a unique family atmosphere, I have to say I am so blessed in the sense to really be apart of more than one family. And even the small interpersonal families we create on our own with 1 or 2 non-immediate members, can feel all the more special. So today, I just wanted to say thank you to the families and special members of my own family that over the years have accepted me as one of their own! I not only wish you a happy and healthy New Year, but hope that 1 day my own family and I can return the favor :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment