Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wins vs. Losses

In the world of sales, I am quickly learning that wins and losses become a matter of daily hygiene. You may be high 1 moment waiting for a huge order to come in,  and completely lose everything the next.
Today I encountered an odd experience worth sharing. I lost 2 orders that I worked my ass off on- in fact may have poured a little sweat and possibly some tears into. Hours later, out of the blue- 2 completely different orders came in. I am perplexed at how my day continued to be drawn down by the losses and not uplifted by the wins. I asked myself- how is it that we work so hard on a project with no results, and put nearly no time and effort into another to get a win? Most will say it was a matter of luck- being in the right place at the right time. But as a professional in any field, not just sales- how do you know when your success is a direct outcome of your hard work...or is it all just dumb luck? Do we find ourselves continually "taking the $ and running" or are we trying to make ourselves better- not only in the work place but at home. That then, makes me think it is the universe giving back to us. I truly believe that if you continue to make a conscious effort every day to get better- you will eventually be reward...maybe just not in the way you had imagined. :)
- xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment