Friday, November 4, 2011

Dirty Vodka Martinis...4 Olives Please!

You can blame the dirty vodka martinis for my lack of a post last night. Did you know that martinis are traditionally made with gin? Because it was so cheap before & after Prohibition, gin was the poison of choice. It wasn't until 1964 when Sean Connery uttered the famous words "Shaken, not stirred" in Goldfinger, that this fantastic cocktail became a true menu selection. 
There is a real point to this post...I promise. Sometimes we find ourselves taking life too seriously- lamenting over situations that will eventually work themselves out. It is not until a good friend and a few strong dirties that you realize, life will go on. Today being Friday may have something to do with brightening everyone's attitude but when you really take take a step back and look around, you begin to understand that it is all apart of the bigger plan. So I just wanted to say thank you, to every person that has ever told me I could not do something or said no- I appreciate the invaluable lessons you have taught me and the drive you have given me to keep pushing past you. I cheers my delicious dirty to you :)
- xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment