Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Today I love my job

In a recent post I spoke about the highs and lows in sales. I know that I am not supposed to get too 'high' or too 'low' but come on people, today was a great day- and definitely one worth writing about. With one of my clients (an automotive advertiser), I have been encountering some 'roadblocks' in getting touch with the team. So, with the brilliance of the marketing team, and my own creativity, we headed to said client's car dealership and quite literally scared the staff. Upon walking in, we requested to sit in one of the cars to record a short film- the car salesman looked at us like we had 3 heads- but finally agreed as long as we promised to make it quick. We got in the car, latest issue of PopSci in hand, and recorded a short video outlining 3 reasons "Why I was in XYZ car with my PopSci and why XYZ car needed to be in my PopSci." The video ended with me asking my clients to hop in the vehicle with me for a ride. THIS IS MY JOB- and today I loved it. Luckily I did finally receive a response (!!) and some positive feedback from the client. At this point, they either think I am a total freak, or maybe they will actually advertise with us...until that time, I am going to continue to try and "Sell Something." :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment