Friday, April 27, 2012

It's getting serious

I think I feel in love with the city again today. Ironically enough it started at 8:23AM just outside of Trader Joe's when I saw a middle aged dad get arrested for pulling over, exiting his car (mind you wife and kids were in the back, I'm guessing on the way to school) and shouting at a cab driver. At 1st I of course laughed but then I realized- the passion this dude had, though irreverent and clearly uncontrollable, was like a piece of this city. Something we couldn't do without- something that just makes it so quintessential NYC. Moving to midday, as I hopped onto the subway to head to my spinning class I actually enjoyed the ride. It was one of those off peak times where I was able to get a seat and dive deep into my book as the plot thickened; as if nothing was going on around me (which can be quite a shocking feeling when you live in a city filed with people). And finally, at spin class- I am telling you I am convinced (maybe it's my New York attitude) that you can have experiences here that you might not be able to have anywhere else. Granted, soul cycle is on the east and west coasts but it's one of those new (to me) and crazy experiences that I am so happy to be exposed to here...and it really hits my soul. It also made me think about my faith- that when moving here I was lucky enough to find my church that is literally like no other experience- and quit frankly scares many 1st timers. As I made my way back to the office there was a hint of sun, a touch of wind, and a lot of noise. But good noise- like things were alive and happening around me. Good things are happening here- and I just took it all in- remembering 'damn NYC, our relationship is pretty serious'- and I'm grateful for that :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment