Thursday, April 19, 2012

Lucky 3,000

Almost 3,000 views on my blog- woot woot (I hope I am not 2,995 of those haha)! In the past week, I have been 1 lucky gal. I got to: sit in some of the most insane cars at the NYC auto show, dance the night away at the International Ball in Annapolis with my (the most handsome ;) ) man in uniform, go to a Yankees game, find out some EXTREMELY exciting yet secret news about a very close friend, go to a Knicks game, go on a run (it's been over a month!!), and catch up over bubble tea with another close friend. To some of you, a few of those things may not sound so great- but of course there is a point to all of this. Regardless of how good the seats were or how short my run was, that was not what stole my attention at each of these events. It was the people around me. At the auto show, there was a Jaguar concept car on display with red rope around it (clearly off limits to the public). When I looked over, I saw one of the Jaguar representatives helping an elderly man (with his family) out of his wheelchair and into the seat of the car. After a few pictures, and some more maneuvers to get him back into his chair- the look of pure glee and happiness on his face brought a smile to mine. It was such a small gesture but something that meant so much to this man- and quite frankly my favorite part of the auto show. At the IBall in Annapolis- we were lucky enough to get on stage with the DJ and  dance in front of the whole school. Neither of us lacking in any sort of shame, I was not only so excited to be up there in front of everyone, but was so grateful to be dancing there with my man with another big fat smile on my face. At the Knicks game- we met an attendant in the elevator who gushed over our candy but when asked, explained to us that she did not get a discount on food by working at MSG. Baffled, we went and purchased her a huge bag of Reeses Pieces and found her in the same elevator to deliver them. Her graciousness and level of excitement made me so happy to just be able to share this interaction with her. And finally, bubble tea with a friend- I nearly felt terrible that I hadn't followed up on the engagements of her previous evening with a new male suitor. I was SHOCKED and so excited to hear that she had been 'secretly smiling' to herself all day because the date went so well. FINALLY- I thought, I was so excited that my friend was able to find and connect with someone in this crazy big city. At the end of all of it- I am so grateful for not only the experiences I am able to have here (and beyond the city walls)- but more so for the amazing people I have around me and get to spend them with. It made me realize again that it really doesn't matter what you are doing or where you are doing it, but that when you are doing it WITH love WITH the people you love- great memories and joy can only result :)
- xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment