Thursday, February 16, 2012

Follow the Passion Brick Road

I heard something interesting at church last night that I wanted to share. The lead Pastor was in from Australia and though I went with high expectations, I wasn't necessarily blown away at the time- until his message started effecting me today. The overarching idea was how God is obsessed with making our lives great. For you non-religious folk out there, one of the most important components of his message was that we should "live with purpose, doing things in our everyday lives with passion, not a sense of obligation." I have not been able to shake that line off my mind all day...
When you find yourself in a place 8 hours out of the day not feeling necessarily 'inspired' or like you are not giving back to the greater good, your next logical step should be to find a new gig. But his message started to make me wonder, as a young person- how in the hell do you know what that is?! Yes of course we can all apply to different jobs, go to school, ask friends/family for advice, etc. but with so little real world life experience how are we supposed to be able to find that one thing that we feel passionate about and are happy to do everyday. The Christian in me says to 'trust God' with those doubts, because according to our beliefs, he is ultimately guiding us to where we belong. Of course I truly believe that in my heart- but in the mean time, what does one do until they feel like they have started doing that 1 thing during their 8 hours/day that they know is right for them? And on the road to getting there, are we just wasting our time? As I write this I realize NO- because without those steps on our journey (whether or not there is passion in them) we are learning lessons that will allow us to get to that ultimate goal. Without them, I don't think we would be able to arrive at a place of passion, and not obligation. So the point being here (and maybe this is more for me than any of you) is to realize that the things we sometimes perceive as obligations are helping us to get 1 step closer to our passions every single day. My plan is to walk on, with a big smile on my face :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment