Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"Could you be loved and be loved"-Bob Marley

You knew I was going to go for it, and in fact you're wrong. I meant to write this post last night but got caught up so it JUST SO HAPPENS that today is Valentine's day and wanted to spit some words about love haha. Love in relation to my favorite topic as always- family- can definitely be a mixed bag. I know I have talked a lot about forgiveness, family feuds over the holidays, so on and so forth- but this weekend I realized I am actually starting to learn something from all of this. My family came into NYC to meet my man in uniform for the 1st time. The 2 of us felt as cool as pickled (lol) cucumbers the entire time (mainly because- we are happy with each other and at the end of the day- that's all that matters) but I was still curious to see how the interactions would go. Oddly enough, the encounter seemed to actually bring my family and I closer to one another. There was no 'girl searches for parental approval' because I felt confident and happy just being around everyone, comfortable with the life I had made for myself. The point of this story is that when you love someone, you begin to realize how they can positively effect parts of your life you didn't know they could. It was our meeting with the fam Sunday morning that seemed to have improved the rest of my day with the clan alone. It was as if this new person had given all of us a fresh perspective on what it means to just be around each other, enjoying one another's company. Please understand that I am not giving my man all props here, what I am trying to say is that when you bring an outsider into what you think is a rather sticky situation, their presence allows all parties involved to have a different perspective on what's really going on. So this Valentine's day- whether you are a hater, a lover, missing your lover, love someone who doesn't know it, or have more than one lover- just spread the damn love. You never know how much love it can spread into other areas of your life :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment