Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Shoppin and Choppin- Day 0.5

Day 0.5- the night before the cleanse. I am going to be completely honest with you, at the expense of sounding like the genius author of the recent popular Huffington Post article about her adventures in Whole Foods...I must have been nuts for getting myself into this one. The supermarket shopping wasn't all that bad- I mean I did essentially buy out the entire organic produce section in my local supermarket, which was awesome. And I did learn a lot about different types of produce (for example, I bought a mint plant because the market was out of fresh cut mint!) and how inexpensive it is to do your own cleanse. I left the store with 5 bags of fresh produce and $63 less in my pocket- most 3 days cleanses I have seen are about $199 total. I do however own a juicer which was also an investment. And when I say investment, I mean TOTAL mess producer. Sometimes I really think I have assimilated into the Cali lifestyle, going to yoga and telling myself I am "just going to juice" after. Who the hell was I kidding? Yoga kicked my buns (but was great) and juicing turned into some serious personal time between me and the juicer for almost 2 hours. By about 1130PM when I found myself cleaning beet juice off of the walls (yes, walls) I thought to myself, "this better be freaking worth it." I will say I also did learn a lot about how certain veggies and fruits juice! For example celery and cucumbers yield a ton of liquid whereas ruffage (kale, spinach, mint) doesn't produce much liquid. Another thing I learned, the more time you spend prepping and cutting, the easier your juicing is going to be. I found myself in a real life fruit ninja situation (now is not the time to be jealous) when my knife was not sharp enough to cut through a whole beet. Why not yank the knife out of the beet in mid air? Scored 2 points chopping that beet- and I am now realizing this is likely why I had beet juice on the walls....Anyways- my final thoughts on Day 0.5- have fun with it! I definitely learned a lot and was committed to my cause so I couldn't help but laugh. How will Day 1 go? Stay tuned! The goal of my documentation is that this will help you better decide if a juice cleanse is right for you- yes that's right, I am doing this for all of you! What kind of heath coach has never done a juice cleanse? :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment