Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Day 1: juice and the EGGS

I have made it through an entire day of juicing! And of course have so many thoughts to share. I will be sure to share the recipes I found online with all of you when this is over so you can juice for yourself if you are interested! I started the day yesterday with juice #1- what I'd like to now call the green monster. I am sure this is an acquired taste (that I may never obtain) but the taste was nothing short of potent and no where near pleasant. The overwhelming taste of parsley and celery (which I do not even enjoy in their whole forms) made me wonder how I was going to get through green juice #2 at lunch! When you're hungry, you'll eat anything (I've now learned) so I got that puppy down and made plans to add almond milk and agave to tomorrow's batch. Juice #2- pineapple and apple, was amazing. I have never been so grateful for the sweet taste of citrus fruit after debacle juice #1. Quickly gulped through green juice #2 shortly thereafter and finished off the afternoon with a nice fresh lemonade "juice." I will say that is 1 thing a juicer is good for- fresh lemonade! You may just need 20 lemons to make 1 whole batch... Anyways, by the time I made it home for dinner, the thought of sitting on my couch with a cup of beet juice seemed less than inspiring, and less than tasty. So I made myself 3 fresh farm eggs...and they were...the best...damn eggs...I've ever had!! I will never again take for granted these little protein packed buddies. Saying no thanks to eggs in the future? NEVER AGAIN! I toasted the night off with a cashew milk "juice" which was like heaven in a glass. My final thoughts on day 1? Not too too hard. I wasn't that hungry most of the day, I was actually pretty full of liquid. The taste was probably the toughest part for me. And something I learned- eating and enjoying meals is such a wonderful life experience for me. Times when I would normally eat, I felt confused, as though I was missing out on a pivotal part of my day. And for me, to come home after a long day at work, the idea of being able to exert my creative energy and love into creating a delicious meal, is something that I truly cherish. Certainly some food for thought. :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment