Saturday, September 28, 2013

Day 3: That's Juice Wrap!

Day 3: I finally made it! This was definitely not a bad day in the cleanse because the end was in sight and I knew it was fast approaching. I juiced very similar to the way I did on Day 2, and had veggies at night. By this point,  I was pretty damn hungry and agitated from not eating for days- so I called it another early night in preparation to consume WHOLE foods the next day- wahoo! Word to the wise- take it SLOW the day after your done cleansing. When I say slow, I also mean simple. You have to understand that your body is not used to eating complex foods (i.e. foods with more than a few fresh ingredients) or rich foods (such as those containing spices, heavy fats, etc.) so be careful and be kind to your body- it has been a through a lot in these past few days! My final thoughts on the cleanse? If you are looking for a way to clear out your system because you feel like you have years of, well...crap in there- then I think this is a great solution! Sticking to my version of the cleanse below helped me to make it through 3 full days of work, and even half of a yoga class. I know that most cleansers will tell you to stick with it- but my belief is to always listen up. If you feel light headed, dizzy, or nauseous, I would eat something. This of course is a personal choice and I highly recommend that you consult with your physician to make sure that your body is healthy enough to endure a cleanse. Also please note that all opinions found on my blog are merely that- my goal is to share my experiences with you in hopes that they assist you in making the best health and wellness decisions for your life. There is NO ONE diet for everyone- please remember that.

If you're looking to take a deeper dive into transforming your everyday life to one of happiness, health, and wellness- this is your time to work with a heath coach...ME! Email me at: amandaalimo@gmail.com to schedule your 1st free health consultation and get those buns in motion to your best life.

GirlInTheHealthyCity Juice Cleanse recipes- inspired by the Blueprint Cleanse. Happy Juicing! :)


1. Green juice:
  • ·      5 Ribs of Celery
  • ·      1/2 Cucumber
  • ·      2 Large Gala Apples or Peaches
  • ·      3 large Kale leafs
  • ·      1 Ounce of Lemon juice
  • ·      1 Handful of Parsley
  • ·      3 Romaine leafs
  • ·      1 (BIG) Handful of Spinach

2. P.B.M:
  • ·      1/2 Pineapple
  • ·      1 Large Beet (golden or red!)
  • ·      1 Large Gala Apple or Peach
  • ·      2 Large Carrots
  • ·      1 and 1/2 Tablespoons of Ginger
  • ·      A few pinches of Mint, to taste

3. Green juice
4. Spicy lemonade:
  • ·      16 ounces of Filtered Water
  • ·      3-4 juiced medium Lemons
  • ·      A few Dashes of Cayenne Pepper (only if you are feeling daring!)
  • ·      2 Tablespoons of Agave Nectar

5. Dinner:
  • ·      1 serving of lean protein the size of your closed fist
  • ·      OR 1 serving of mixed uncooked veggies, the size of your closed fist

6. Cashew Milk:
  • ·      64 ounces of cashew milk
  • ·      1 Tablespoon of Agave Nectar
  • ·      1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
  • ·      1 teaspoon of vanilla extract 

xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment