Saturday, August 31, 2013

Homeward Bound

 photo photo_zps1b8d5980.jpg



Hello out there world! I wrote this post sitting in Newark airport at the tail end of my trip and am just getting around to posting it now. I am so grateful for the amount of time I was able to spend with friends and family on the east coast. As my 10 day trip came to a close, and a left the land of fat bagels, salty pizza, and loud streets behind- I oddly enough felt refreshed and rejuvenated. I discovered a very odd concept on the trip that I felt the need to share with all of you. I moved to the west coast to have a life with my man by the beach, and to transform my life into a more relaxed, slower paced, paradise-like, daily oasis. Sometimes when we move to new places, we don’t realize the affects it may have on us. When I moved, and came back home- I started to realize how unsure of myself I actually felt in my new home out west. Having taken the past 9 months to find a new apartment, a new job, new friends, a new means of transportation to work, and even a new wardrobe, I realized that the part of me that I knew was confused. When everything is new, nothing seems to be familiar or feel the same. This was a great way to venture outside of your comfort zone, but sometimes you just need to, well…go home. This trip home not only gave me back the sense of confidence of who I really am and want to be (regardless of whether or not that is the norm on the east or west coast) and feel re-energized in my mission in life: which ultimately, is to serve others. This big city visit also re-ignited the fire inside of me to bust my butt for what I am truly passionate about. And this trip reminded me of my top priority: spending time with friends and family that I love. I know in my last post when I had first arrived to NYC, I mentioned my curiosity for whether or not I would be perceived as different and if I would feel like I had changed. Oddly enough, I realized that   I am more flexible, I go with the flow more often,   am way more health conscious then over before, am more calm, and no matter what...  I still love NYC bagels…and that will never, ever change :)

I want to thank all of my friends and family for making this trip so special, for allowing me to have almost no schedule, and for experiencing all of the beauty and joy that NYC and New England have to offer with me. I miss you dearly and am signing up for my Jet Blue frequent flyer card now :)

xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment