Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stay Committed

Hey there world! I told you that you would hear from me again soon- I guess the iPhone calendar reminders definitely help to get my tush in gear- but hey, it's happening :)
Anyways, this week- the idea of commitment has been heavy on the mind and is also in part what inspired this post. Have you ever felt like you wanted something so badly that you were terrified to just do it? The past 9 months have certainly been a time of awesome change for me- change of jobs, changes of coasts, change of lifestyle. So I allowed myself to abide by the excuse of, "well, I've changed a lot this year, maybe there will be room for some more next year" and remain comfortable in my small bubble. I knew there was something tugging at my heart but I just kept trying to quiet the feeling. Until recently I realized how badly I wanted it. How badly I wanted to spread my love of food, health, nutrition, and life with the world. I realized doing this didn't have to feel like work and that it didn't have to be scary- hell I didn't know what it needed to be...but I do knew that I just had to freaking do it! And I'm not talking about building a gluten free bakery over night (though that would be utterly fantastic). I am talking about taking the small steps to create the vision you have for your life. Once you remain committed to yourself, you finally become committed to your dreams. This week I launched my 1st ever Girl in the Healthy City newsletter and video! Big deal the outside world? Not really. Big deal to me? Heck yes! The thought of even compiling the emails for my newsletter was crippling for months until I finally asked for 1...and 56 email addresses later, my newsletter was dropped! Did I seem carefree and completely scripted in my 1st video? Awesome- I had you completely fooled! I literally had to give myself a 2 minute pep talk to just hit the record button and had nothing written down prior. And holy crap I did it- small steps for man, HUGE steps for Girl in the Healthy City. Now that I've taken these steps, I'm out there...I am committed to them, and to feel committed to something you are so deeply passionate about (besides of course a wonderful romantic relationship- which I am so blessed to have) is one of the best feelings in the world. To wake up before your alarm with eyes popped open to see how many hits your video has gotten overnight- is unlike anything I've ever experienced. During the past month, I have chosen to abide by a motto that I will now forever hold close to my heart. This motto not only continues to carry me closer to my dreams, but got my 1st newsletter out and my 1st video up.

 photo ScreenShot2013-08-02at100059PM_zps8c7ef6cc.png

So my message to you? If you have a passion TUGGING away at you- stop ignoring it, and start giving it some attention. Instead of being intimidated by building your passion into a mountain over night, consciously and continually be COMMITTED to it- once you take that first step, you'll have no choice. Your heart, like in love, will be whisked away and taken forever :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment