Monday, March 5, 2012

Luck be a Lady

Well folks, I'm back. If you are wondering where I've been...last week was my birthday! I know that sounds like an odd phrase, but it's true. Due to the fact that I was born on Leap Year (yes, February 29th is my actual birthday, no matter what Facebook tells you), the celebration tends to extend past one day, and in many case straight on through to the weekend. Excited as ever to turn a whole 6 years old, I knew it was going to be a good one. But clearly I was unaware of how great it was going to be! This post is dedicated to all of my friends and family that genuinely made my birthday this year the best I've ever had. To many, it is the gifts that they look forward to or maybe even the cake (that dairy free gluten free cupcake was pretty damn good ;)) but to me, it is being around the people I love that matters most to me. To name a few places, last week I got the opportunity to enjoy some good ole' Southern comfort food at Neely's BBQ parlor, la pizza Italiana molta bellissima at Eatly, and some savory Cubano food at Candela Candela. Between all of the drinks and delicious meals, there was good conversation and just straight up love around the table. Beyond the love and laughter, I was even more grateful for the cards. As a child, you always leave these behind and go straight for the loot, ripping away at the wrapping paper to see the glorious gift that hides behind. But as I get older, I find that the cards are now my favorite part. From the sweet notes and compliments, to continued support and love from friends and family- I will cherish these little over-priced Hallmark beauties far beyond the life span of any of the gifts I received. And then there were the surprises- which I love and can never understand why people don't. Not only was I lucky to have my man in uniform up in the big city, but I was surrounded by all of my closest friends at dinner- and an extra special college buddy that hopped on a bus all the way from DC just to come out to dinner. I feel so blessed to have all of you in my life so if you are reading this I just wanted to say thank you for giving me such a wonderful birthday. I am going to have to get my tush over to Pinterest because your birthdays are going to be so over-planned and elaborate you will never want to throw me another party for fear of me thanking you with your own bday celebration. ;)
xoxo AA

1 comment: