Friday, July 15, 2016

Celebrate For Nice


I was lucky enough to be in this beautiful place: Nice, France winter/spring of 2009. On a long weekend trip from studying abroad in Firenze, Italia, my fellow students and I (read: American travelers who occasionally took some classes in Italy) explored this beautiful city the weekend before the Carnival festival. I'll never forget the gigantic carnival figurines that were being set-up. We watched them come to life high in the skies as we rode the giant ferris wheel in the city center. I'll never forget the magic of this great city, the beauty of its shorelines, adorable tiny blonde French children, and delicious croque-monsieur sandwiches (this was pre gluten/dairy free). My heart continues to break for everyone in our Western world, especially the French last night. Paris, France is #2 on my list of cities I love like humans (under my former boyfriend of course, NYC). When something happens to the French, I really feel it happens to us as Americans too because we fight for and believe in the same liberties and way of life. As a military spouse I won't go off on a tangent here regarding my thoughts on the American political system and the state of our international security. But rather, I'll speak from the seat of a yoga teacher here (my heart). I am sickened by the events that try to steal and threaten our celebrations as humans living in the great and free Western world. Instead of letting fear take over, I beg of you all to fight back...in celebration. This place, Nice - is such a meeting spot for celebrations. Bastille, Carnival - it's party town in the South of France people. So let's celebrate EACH and EVERY day and celebrate on for those who no longer can. One of my favorite things about being apart of the Western world is how much we celebrate everything. Independence day, Hallmark holidays, St. Patrick's day - you name it, we celebrate it. So let's celebrate on - please SMILE and be KIND to those around you. Celebrate life, celebrate love, and whatever you do, please keep on celebrating.
xoxo
- AM

No comments:

Post a Comment