Saturday, July 14, 2012

Sun and Fun!

This past weekend, 2 couples, a cooler full of sandwiches, and a collection of solid beats...made their way down to Ocean City, MD. I had been to the Jersey Shore before with my family a few years ago and was expecting the same sort of environment in Ocean City. Though they are definitely 2 different cities- they did share a myriad of similarities: beach, sandy motel rooms, fresh seafood restaurants galore, and cheesy fun activity centers like mega mini golf complete with go kart racing. Beach towns being one of my favorite scenes- I took right to the environment. I am not writing this post to bore you with the nitty gritty details of the trip (I consider those mostly private trip between my fellow travelers and I on this occasion) but I am writing to share something I learned. Many times, with life in the big city, we get used to the grind of getting up, fixing our hair, makeup, and outfits to perfection because well, that is what is acceptable in our society (especially if you are showing up to a paying job). But sometimes, when you let your hair down, leave the makeup bag behind and just go with the flow- you learn to experience the things and people around you on a  different level and generally in a worry free environment. I am not saying to completely let yourself go and dress like a bum everyday for work but what I am saying is that the beauty that can be found in simplicity is something that might not be discovered otherwise. So every once in a while, sit back, throw on comfy outfit, put your hair up- and genuinely just focus on the time you have with those around you- you won't get that moment back :)
xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment