Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Yogi Journey – Here we go!

Hello All! I am so excited to share with you that I will be embarking on my Yoga teacher training journey starting: TODAY! Thoughts that have been running through my mind: “holy crap - what was I thinking, how do I pronounce ‘namaste,’ my headstand is really off point, 200 hours, really??” Either way – I am diving in head first, and I am going to use my blog as a journal of my experiences along the way. I will still post in between here and there my thoughts, recipes, and adventures not related to yoga – but wanted to start by sharing my first yogi assignment (below)! In all seriousness, I am so grateful for this opportunity and hopeful that my experience and teachings can help people on and off the mat for years to come. :)


 photo 471aecda4448974315c29016b7ca12e7_zpsfqwb7ahn.jpg

What is Yoga?
Yoga is a 1-hour spa treatment for the mind, body, and soul. The steam heat warms you from the inside out as it makes its way from your core to beads of sweat on your skin. This silence combined with soft music eases your mind as you recline back into child’s pose – eyes closed, mind clearing. As you breath deeply – in and out, the worries and to-do lists of your day somehow just seem to melt away. As you move through each pose your body is challenged, your muscles are stretched, and even certain emotions arise as you open your heart throughout class. You finally make it to shivasana – your work is complete. You are refresh, made anew, and ready to face the world again with a new perspective. 

Why do I practice?
To me, Yoga means PEACE. Literally – PEACE, PEACE, and more PEACE. When I stepped on my mat for the first time I hated yoga – I just didn’t get it. Fast forward 2 years ago when I stepped on my mat again for the first time in San Diego at a C1 class in La Jolla and my world was transformed. For one hour, the mind chatter ended and I could just focus on being. When I left that class I felt lighter, less stressed, and you guessed it – more at peace. I realized I had struck gold and that I needed to take yoga as often as possible and bring as many friends to class with me as I could. I had a great secret I needed to share and wanted everyone to have the opportunity to experience what I did on my mat that day and every day since. 

Namaste ;)
- AM

No comments:

Post a Comment