Monday, June 1, 2015

Woah, we are 1/2 way through 2015!!

Hello Sweet World,

How goes it? I woke up with morning realizing, "holy crap - we are already 6 months into this year!" Before you know it, chubby Santa's going to be heading down the chimney (semi Christmas shopping panic). Anyways, that made me think now is the perfect time for a little self assessment - give it a shot! It works for me - of course it may not be for everyone. I love list, so here goes:

  1. Yoga - last year, incorporating my practice into daily life was a New Years resolution. This year, I am starting freaking yoga teacher training in 2 weeks!!! I figured we would start off on a good one. My goal over the next 10 weeks is to be a sponge for knowledge, change, and wellness. My goal before the end of the year is to teach my first class on base (freaking out...NAMASTE)!!!!
  2. Open a business - I would say I gave this the best shot I have ever towards the beginning of this year. Then tragedy struck in our community and my focus and priorities shifted. I realized - why am I so hell-bent on this goal? What if it's not for me? Why do I have the limiting belief that I will only consider myself successful if I have a business if I tried it and didn't even really like it? I am a firm believer in that everything happens for a reason and I SWEAR that this terrible tragedy opened my life up to a world of shift in my heart.
  3. More on that shift - I'm not ready to publicly share what I feel this shift is - but my goal over the next 6 months is to not let go of that pull in my heart. Pay attention to it, dig deeper in how I can really make this shift in my life (hint: it involves a career and helping others, shocker), and have the confidence to step into what I know in my heart is right. Oh and another mental note - stop FEAR in its tracks. Just because we may try and "fail" (is it really failing if it wasn't right for us all along?) doesn't mean that we should hold ourselves back in our minds from trying something new and being worthy of ACHIEVING.
  4. Get with it woman - so little old me (Girl in the Healthy City) has slightly derailed from the healthy train. Yes, this is normal. Yes, it's OK. However, I KNOW I feel much better when I am on the track. There are many excuses I can think of as to why I've derailed: we got married 6 months ago and we've been celebrating ever since, food tastes yummy, wine is fuzzy, I like sweets. OK- that was really honest. However, I also know I have been hiding behind my food - so, quinoa, veggies, lets do this. My goal over the next 6 months is to eat what makes my body feel good. Even if that's a glass of wine on a Tuesday night (in moderation) - I want to only fill my body with nourishing, good, clean, living food that will make me thrive. I want to eat more of the good stuff (meat, even carbs!) and less of the bad stuff (no drinking in excess, no sweets in excess). 
  5. Spending the dough - whether it's on fancy trips, fancy bags, or just the chance to spend time with friends/family across the country - this one won't ever go away. And quite frankly, I think as a newly married couple we are doing great here. I know it's so easy to get pulled into every which way and I know that it is sometimes unavoidable. However, with my hubby taking an extended business trip next year - I want our goal over the next 6 months to focus on spending $$s that will result in time with loved ones and making memories with each other. So, almost thinking of this as a criteria check-list when considering a trip/purchase: will it mean a lot to the person we are traveling to, how can we make this the best memory for us to share together, how can we be most present in the experience together? 
I hope my little list inspired you all to maybe take a step back and consider what you have coming up in the next 6 months? What are you looking to give in the coming months? What is something you committed yourself to this year but haven't done yet? Maybe your goals need same changing since there has been a shift in your life? Clear your mind,  free your inner judgement - and go for it!! Life's too short not to - and too sweet to leave that last cookie on the plate ;)

xoxo - AM (that's right, I am Mrs. Mays now, wahooo!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment