Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Where do you go, my lovely?

Hello out there world! I hope things have just been splendid since we last spoke. I am in a funny spot and had to quickly share my thoughts - curious if any of you have ever felt this way. Have you ever found yourself at a complete cross roads? I feel like that happens to a lot of people on the holidays - all the planning, running around, shopping, baking, envelope addressing. And then you arrive - poof, how did I get here? You find yourself wondering: "Did I miss anything along the way? Is there where I should be? Where am I headed?" I am sure a good many of my family members (new and old) would say that this is how a bride feels after her wedding - after all of the excitement is over, you hit the ground. But I don't feel like I ever left the ground - now instead of just standing my ground, I feel like I am lying on it. Wondering where to get up and go. In life, we sometimes find ourselves in the steady arcadian rhythm of daily life. Going to and doing whatever it takes to get day by day. When we finally stop and look at the big picture - what happens if we see nothing? I am going to be an optimist tonight and take that blank space as a fresh canvas - a new place to start. Sometimes blank lets us start from a place we've never come from before. I am sure you are truly enjoying this lofty inner monologue - so to be more specific, I am talking about direction in one's personal  growth in life. Now that I am married and settled in to our new home, I am starved to do some soul searching. I am anxious to get back on the path of least traveled and dig deep - into the big picture - to see what I have to offer up and serve this great earth. Sounds like it's time to whip it the old Passion Test book again (I highly recommend it if you haven't read it). That's all for now - I'm sure I'll be back with more shortly ;)
- xoxo AA

No comments:

Post a Comment